faqs featured stock

Q: What services are available at the Spokane Family Law Self-Help Center?

A: The center provides:

  • Private, scheduled coaching with Limited License Legal Technician (LLLT) or a Family Law attorney. Additionally, we have a paralegal on staff.
  • Assistance with preparing the forms you will need to present your case in Family Court.
  • Free copies of all the forms needed for family law matters.
  • Free photocopying services.
  • Workstations equipped with computers and printers and Internet access.
  • Free workshops to help you complete forms and learn how to present your case in court.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Center staff are prohibited from providing legal advice. The staff at the Center are obligated to remain neutral. Visitors who use Center services DO NOT establish Legal Technician or Attorney-client privileges or confidentiality of information normally associated when engaging services of an attorney or legal technician. See Legal Disclaimer for more information. See also: My specific case.

The Center cannot provide services to you if you are represented by an attorney. 
Washington State Legal Library
Washington State Legal Library

Q: What legal issues does the Family Law Self-Help Center provide assistance for?

A:  The Center can help with these issues:

  • Divorce
  • Legal separation
  • Annulment
  • Paternity, Custody and Shared Parenting Time
  • Child support
  • Adoptions
  • Guardianship
  • Termination of parental rights
  • Domestic Violence protection orders
  • Temporary protection orders
  • Parenting plans

Q: Where is the Center located? What hours will the Center be open?

A: The center is now fully operational. We are open five days from 8 AM–2 PM. The fastest way to be seen is to complete the intake form.

The Center is located at the Spokane Fatherhood Initiative offices, 711 E Third Avenue, in Spokane. Our building includes free parking and handicapped accessible entries and restrooms.

Q: Will I be able to get assistance regarding my specific case?

A: Yes. We encourage you to bring your case number and all documents to scheduled appointments and workshops. Our team of LLTs will be able to access your case online. We offer free, limited legal services and information to unrepresented litigants in support of the Court’s self-help program.

Q: Can the Center represent me in Court?

A: No. Center staff will assist you in preparing your forms, but you must file your own documents and represent yourself at your court hearings. Center staff will coach you on how to represent yourself at court hearings and will help you prepare evidence that will be presented in court.

Categories: , , ,

2 responses to “FAQs”

  1. Jennifer crownover Avatar
    Jennifer crownover

    My daughter is 4 and in full-time pre k. We do not have an established parenting plan and would like any guidance and/or assistance in getting a plan together to propose and start the process

    1. Lawrence Jay Long Avatar

      Hi Jennifer,

      Thanks for reaching out! We’re happy to help. Please take a few moments to complete the intake form and someone will get back to you within 24hrs for an appointment.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Welcome! Please read and agree to the following: